- The Door of Everything: ~Ruby Nelson There is little known on the origins of this book and Ruby Nelson. Ruby channeled this book directly from GOD. Be mindful that Ruby was the channel and processed through the lens of her Christian background, see if you can view the messages as universal.
- The Law of Light, The Secret Teachings of Jesus: ~Lars Muhl Lars illuminates the historical culture at the time of Jesus. Words are powerful and he teaches of the language that Jesus used.
- The Power of Kabbalah, Technology for the Soul: ~Yehuda Berg This is easy to read and a beautiful introduction into the teaching of the Kabbalah. Consider this a read with your middle-schoolers and older.
- The Bhagavad Gita: ~Sacred Text interpreted by Eknath Easwaran, This book is one used to teach Hindu scripture at the college level. Eknath beautifully presents this sacred story that represents life. He has several books and another one is Essence of the Upanishads, A Key to Indian Spirituality.
- Why People Don't Heal and How They Can: ~ Caroline Myss Caroline is a mature, no fluff teacher. She is a medical intuitive teacher who forged the path of seeing God within ourselves for our contemporary culture. She has hundreds of books and classes available. Some of our favorites: Archetypes, Sacred Contracts and Anatomy of the Spirit.
- You Can Heal Your Life: ~ Louise L. Hay A book of affirmations to heal certain ailments or conditions, great reference book.
- The Nag Hammadi Scriptures, The International Edition ~Edited by Marvin Meyer This is a collection of 13 papyrus codices included with 52 other codices that were discovered near the city of Nag Hammadi in upper Egypt. These are scriptures that were not included in the canonical bible. This is a read for the academic and philosophical mind.
- Mary Magdalene Revealed: ~ Meggan Waterson This is a lovely interpretation of the Gospel Of Mary. It highlights Jesus's true teachings, all of which were based on love.
Science, Psychology and Academic Reads
- When Love Is Not Enough: A Guide to Parenting with RAD - Reactive Attachment Disorder ~Nancy L. Thomas This book brings hope and healing tools to parents and professionals working to help challenging children. Effective interventions, a full step by step plan, clearer insight and understanding make a powerful difference in helping children heal. If you want to make a difference in the life of a hurting child, this book will do it! This plan was honed on some of the most difficult children in the US and has been used successfully to help thousands of children around the world. Children can learn to be respectful, responsible and fun to be with. This book tells the reader how to do it and then zaps them with a boost of encouragement to get started!
- Integrative Parenting, Strategies for Raising Children Affected by Attachment Trauma ~Debra Wesselmann, Cathy Schweitzer, Stefanie Armstrong This guide is the collective work of therapists who treat severely traumatized and attachment-disordered children and their parents. <In our opinion, this book is beneficial even for those families with children with a mild case of attachment issues.>
- The Brain That Changes ITSELF ~Norman Doidge, M.D. Book on neuroscience that our thoughts can change the structure and function of our brains - even into old age. Understand neuroplasticity and transforming your life. Another book: The Brain's Way of Healing
- Upside-Down Brilliance: The Visual/Spatial Learner ~ Linda Silverman. Linda Silverman provides us with a holistic visualspatial perspective of the complexities of brilliant, but academically challenged, minds. She offers an understanding of their upside-down world. More importantly, she tells us how their struggles can be overcome!
- Twice Exceptional: Supporting and Educating Bright and Creative Students with Learning Difficulties ~Scott Barry Kaufman. This is an excellent thorough science based guide for the parents, teachers and therapists of the one in five children who struggle with a learning disability and have gifted potential. Scott Barry Kaufman has assembled the worlds experts in twice exceptional children to inform the way families and schools can educate with an eye towards maximizing potential and minimizing struggle.
Fun Historical Fiction and Romance Reads
- Outlander Series: ~Diana Gabaldon In Diana's words her first book was not meant to be published, the intention was for personal expansion which allowed her to be unlimited..... "history, warfare, medicine, sex, violence, spirituality, honor, betrayal, vengeance, hope and despair, relationships, the building and destruction of families and societies, time travel, moral ambiguity, swords, herbs, horses, gambling (with cards, dice, and lives), voyages of daring, journeys of both body and soul…" She is now writing book 10 in this thrilling series. These are long novels. We enjoy them via audible and each book averages 45 hours long and the readers are the best!!!
- The Discovery Of Witches ~Deborah Harkness This is the first in a trilogy that weaves time travel, alchemy, science and magic. Shadow of Night and The Book of Life comprise the trilogy. The reader of these 3 books is wonderful if you choose to listen to them.
- The Expected One ~Kathleen McGowan This is the first book in a trilogy based on the life of Mary Magadalene. The Book Of Love and The Poet Prince
- The Mists of Avalon ~Marion Zimmer Bradley is a 1983 fantasy novel in which the author relates the Arthurian legends from the perspective of the female characters. The book follows the trajectory of Morgaine (often called Morgan le Fay in other works), a priestess fighting to save her Celtic culture in a country where Christianity threatens to destroy the pagan way of life.
- Seven Sisters ~Lucinda Riley In this sweeping epic tale of love and loss - the first in a unique, spellbinding series of seven books based on the legends of the Seven Sisters star constellation - A wealthy man adopts 6 daughters and names each after one of the stars. The books in the series takes you to the origins of each girl's birth heritage.
- The Winter Sea ~Susanna Kearsley Susanna is a prolific writer of romance and psychic phenomena. A few of her other books, Mariana and The Firebird.